Investing and Trading A-Term - Day 5 - John M

Day 5

On March 26th, we completed our first week of the Investing A-Term. In the morning we focused on subjects such as Asset allocation, Bonds, Passive income, and Alternative investments. Personally, I found that the most interesting part of my morning research was corporate bonds, and how they can not only have a higher percentage interest and return rate than government bonds but also how they can hold a higher risk factor. Our in-class discussion about bonds made me think about the possibility of investing in a bond-related asset in the future, and if it would help me achieve my financial goals. 

Through what I have learned so far, this course has taught me how I can better my financial future by teaching me how and why I should invest. Personally, this course has given me financial clarity and furthered my confidence in the stock market’s ability to help me gain long-term, steady returns. More specifically, how I should invest in mostly stocks and a portion of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) in a 60/40 ratio. This ratio helps me not only make a steady and low-risk return through ETFs but also experiment with stocks so that I can better understand the market.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Learned To Make A Lot More Money Than I Have - A Reflection by Micah Weinstock

The trailblazing blog (First One!) - Micah

obviously mia- Reflecting on why I suddenly decided upon becoming a vile and repulsive capitalisT